Post Conviction Relief

voting polls

Someone’s past should not define them for the rest of their lives. Probation modification or termination, civil rights restoration, setting aside convictions, and a host of other issues are services we can help you with if you have been convicted of a crime.

Motion to Modify Terms of Probation

Probation is supposed to be tool to help get people back on their feet, but sometimes it can be an obstacle that prevents people from getting their lives back on track. If the terms of your probation are holding you back, if they are outdated, if they are too restrictive, or if your circumstances have changed, let’s discuss if those terms can be modified by the judge.

Motion to Terminate Probation Early

If people are abiding by the terms of their probation and no longer need supervision, then they may be eligible to terminate their probation early. Let’s talk about your options today.

Motion to Designate Offense as a Misdemeanor

Defendants convicted of a Class 6 Undesignated Felony may have the option of having the offense reclassified as a misdemeanor. Sometimes the Court may do this on its own, but often no action will be taken until a motion is filed. If someone is eligible to have their felony reduced to a misdemeanor, but does not take the necessary steps, this inaction can be extremely detrimental to someone who finds themselves in the criminal justice system in the future. Contact us to make sure you are protected.


In Arizona, there are no expungements. Once you get convicted of a crime in Arizona, whether it is a misdemeanor or a felony, it stays on your record forever. However, there still may be options to get your conviction set aside (see below).

Motion to Set Aside Conviction

Motions to Set Aside a Conviction will not completely erase a conviction from background checks and court records, but it is best alternative in Arizona. After you have served your full incarceration and have completed your probation, you may be eligible to have your conviction set aside.

For a full article on what it means to set aside a conviction, check out an article on our blog titled, “Getting Your Freedom Back”, see here.

Motion to Restore Civil and/or Gun Rights

The right to vote, the right to serve on a jury, the right to run for public office, and the right to possession a firearm may be stripped from you when you are convicted of certain crimes. In many instances, these rights can be restored. Contact us today to find out how.

Petition for Post-Conviction Relief

A guilty conviction at trial does not necessarily mean a guilty conviction forever. Sometimes the law can change. Sometimes new evidence can arise. Sometimes arguments can be made that the attorney who represented you was ineffective. Contact us today to see if the facts of your case have options to get a lower sentence or to get a new trial.

Pardon Application

Pardons may be granted after an Arizona felony conviction under very specific circumstances. Contact us to determine if your case qualifies.

Contact Doran Justice today, and we can discuss your individual needs regarding post-conviction relief.